Friday, September 7, 2012

The Homefront Update & Getting Organised

Well after all my raving on about how much I love to travel, I also love the fact that I have a 'base' to come back to.  But more than just a base I guess - an actual home.  My parents house (that I have recently inherited a 50% of) was my base for a while but never really felt like home after I'd been gone so long and mum went sick redecorating and reclaiming our bedrooms.

 
 
Now I am lucky enough to have a 'home'. And I have lived here with BF for 8 years I guess. After all my years of travelling solo I also now have a wonderful travelling companion. I may not be such a wonderful travelling companion for him of course - I snore, always worry about what I can shove in my belly next and am quick to emotions - just to name a few of my 'issues'...ha ha...

Organisation skills (on the homefront at least) - are completely lacking in me for some reason.  Housework is not a priority on my list - apart from the fact I do like a clean bathroom and we are tidy in the kitchen (more BF than me I must admit).  I have trouble with 'Finishing The Job'.  Today being a classic example - I am surrounded by fabric and half finished projects from the last 3 days, that need to be mostly finished by tomorrow morning to have a stall at the markets.

Over the last 2 years I have been reading and researching organisation skills - yes- it is possible to learn this and it is possible to be lacking in this too.  Because I am prone to distraction easily I can quite easily 'forget' about sweeping the floor or hanging out laundry.  Or at least not prioritise it as I should.

Last night after much 'research' on the net, I started to put together a 'Household Folder'. This is to include such things as Cleaning Schedules, maintenance schedules, Daily clean list, weekly clean list, recipes, budgets, bills, instruction manuals etc etc.  Most of this I already have half organised due to my attempts previously and so once I finish this rambling I will work on that for another half hour before tackling my daily chores.

De-cluttering is the other most important duty as well as being organised.  Usually if there is crap laying around everywhere, it is one of two things - the item doesn't have a proper home or there is simply too much crap.  I am going to have another purge today (which will also give me more to sell at my markets tomorrow).

So my plan is that by de-cluttering the physical space around me, it may also help to de-clutter and calm my mind into actually being able to get my act together.  And if not, at least I will have a super clean house and would have got some exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment