Thursday, September 6, 2012

Online revenue...is it possible??

A few months ago I signed up to ews (sort of like an online shop linked to Amazon) - originally my wesite was aimed at the cruise industry.  Today I have updated it to be called Travel Gear Pro and linked it to the products I have been researching myself lately and that I hope to own one day. (Update 26th Jan '13 - I have since discontinued using this site mainly due to the cost - $30 a month for no sales and am focusing on updating a website I already have prepaid for - more on that later too once up and running) Therefore I can also provide accurate reviews of the products from personal use.  And this still would apply to the cruise industry.

Imagine if someone were to sponsor me to use and review their products.  Sort of like the No Bag Challenge offered by Scottevest.  I already have a travel vest from Scottevest though my item is now not in stock any more - mine being a lighter version of the this featured vest.  Actually the No Bag Challenge has been on my mind the last couple of days as I have reading blogs from people who have completed the challenge already.  So a thought to tuck away for future use.

Me 'travelling lite' with a day pack and large messenger bag - 2011
 
I guess now that I have my 'shop' set up, I need to promote it somehow.  While popping it on my blog seems the obvious choice, I doubt very much to be able to survive on any income I may derive from my current traffic of 2 readers (hello). 

So on with learning about HTML and widgets and stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment