Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Passion...

Travel Gear Pro - my site I set up the day after this post.

You know- after I finished my post yesterday - I realised what my funk is all or at least partly about. 

I just don't want to work for anybody else!!  I've been self-employed for 8 years and believe me, I just cannot feel passionate about going to work for someone else!!

Just by analyzing the passed weeks worth of web surfing and activities - I can tell you that my passions are

TRAVEL

TRAVEL

TRAVEL

CRAFT

And yesterday after this revelation, I decided to spend all day (see when you are passionate about something it is not a chore) sewing and making travel accessories to sell at the markets!! 

You may remember me mentioning in a previous post (if there is anyone reading my blog - hello hello?) that I have trouble actually finishing...  well... anything.  By late afternoon yesterday I had a pile of unfinished products.  My main reasoning at the time was that I needed to purchase extra materials. So I made myself think outside the square slightly and just made do with what I had! I ended up with 4 finished products - a mini travel pillowcase (stuff with clothes at night for cushioning and doubles as a stuff bag for dirty laundry or whatever),a smaller bag with zip, mobile phone cover and another wee storage bag. 

etsy.com was a great source of inspiration and I will endeavour to set myself up on etsy.com too.

With all my "research" on the web during the week it was no surprise I ended up actually purchasing something - a new High Sierra AT605 backpack.  BF is working away for a week so I am hoping it turns up while he is away - not sure how to break it to him I 'needed' a new bag.  Oh - and I also found on ebay some convertible quick dry pants that zip off to 3 different lengths!!

The reason for all my "research" lately is the forthcoming trip for 4 months overseas next year.  My best friend will be joining me for part of it and I am hoping with all my nagging that my BF will come and join me at the end too. 

While its still fresh in my memory I will start a new page on my blog about the proposed trip.

New Orleans - 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment