Sunday, August 19, 2012

Crunch Time

Its official - I'm broke!!

Soooooo....I know I should be a completely stressed out mess but I'm not.  In fact a little excited about the challenge!!

The last month of unemployment - just a few hours of work here and there - has chewed through the last of my savings.  And a month of high expenses - my notebook finally died so I had to get another so loving that, and we also travelled to Bali for the dentist (which I saved over $1000 compared to visiting an Australian dentist after flights and expenses were taken out!!). So that cost too - yeesh....

However the clarity (and therefore motivation) I have gained in Bali regarding my short term future is a relief!!  Maybe chewing through a book everyday and generally relaxing and not overthinking allowed my mind to settle.

So the plan (so far) is:

In late September I will be flying "down south" to attend to my dads estate and I will book a one way ticket.  And just stay until the job is done. Hoping not more than a month though.  Mentally and emotionally I feel I just need to get this done.

So in the meantime - get some income in - last week I registered and completed online tests and induction for an employment agency who I will go and visit.  I'll list on ebay also and if nothing comes through straight away work wise I will do a market stall this weekend.  Love it - reduce clutter and make some money! And I will just do temping until I go south.  I also am going to do my tax return for 2 years!!  Aim to have that in today!!  Whatever I get back will hopefully provide me with money for when I am away.

So all in all - a pretty good plan I reckon - not ideal but still a plan!!


I have used this particular photo - from the opening of the new Art Centre on Tiwi Islands - with the kids dancing - its all like a new era - a fresh start

No comments:

Post a Comment