Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sell sell sell... money money money....


Thats the mantra for the day.

Clothing

Today my "flea market" ad will run however I have some concerns that I may not get many calls - maybe everyone is broke after Christmas OR (and this is the way I hope it works out) everyone will call as they have Christmas gift money to dispose of. I have advertised 5 lots of clothing but thinking if I get my act together I should rustle up some more lots ready for when people arrive and offer more choice (and thus more sales).

Car

After I clean the car up (today!!), I will photograph and complete my "For Sale" advertisement in the local paper. This is a slightly more expensive option than another company offering a 12 week run of ads for a better rate but in the recent years has gone to on-line only. And I will do up a big sign for the car to advertise as I drive around. Once I have advertised it will force my hand to finalise the detailing (to be honest - START the detailing)!!

Ebay

And since I don't have to be at the dentist for a few hours I will list something on ebay. That dentist is using up all my earnings at the moment!!

Other Income

Savings

Unfortunately today I have to send off a letter to my investment fund managers authorising a withdrawal of some funds to pay back BF for IOU's (bless him). That will leave about $1000 in my emergency fund - crikey....


Self employment

One of my clients paid me last night (thank goodness otherwise have no idea how I would have paid for the dentist!) and I have a few hours of work today that I will definitely get paid for tonight. Fridays however is the day that all my automated payments come out for the week so I may have to juggle a bit of money around a bit but I should scrape through. On a brighter note - I have 3 full days of work booked next week with possibly Monday to fill if I can (or want to - I have this weird aversion to working Mondays).. Friday I fly to Melbourne.

Subscriptions

Today I am also posting out 3 notifications to companies cancelling subscriptions, however that will not take effect until end of Feb when I officially close my business. And I think if I was serious I still have one or two more I could whittle off as well. It would save about $400 a month!!

Medicare

Australia has Medicare where we receive about $30 back on a doctors fee. I have been saving one in my purse for an emergency cash injection and today is the day!!

Actually that was a good exercise - I can see that I will be okay (more next week than this week) but I will scrape through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment