Monday, January 9, 2012

Melbourne approaching...

Photo - ponypics Flying to Tiwi islands 2011

Today is Tuesday, and I have just realised that tonight is my last night at home for almost two weeks. Tomorrow I fly to the Tiwi Islands for 2 days work and I fly out 6 hours after my return for Melbourne. Which reminds me - I need to contact my friends where I am staying as they have offered to pick me up from the airport.

Melbourne is very difficult to pack for - there is a saying in Australia - Melbourne has all four seasons in a day so you have to prepare for every possibility. so although its summer and I'd love just to pack summery clothes (and fit more in) I have to also pack for an unseasonal cold snap should it occur. Since I am flying with just carry on and attempting to travel light I will have to put some thought into my wardrobe and travelling accessories. These days it seems like a bit chunk of space has to be allocated to cords for charging laptop, camera, phone and e reader.

So in saying all that, and as I have to actually go out to work today (rats!!), I'd better get going....

No comments:

Post a Comment