Monday, January 2, 2012

Freedom...Getting rid of crap...

Photo: ponypics Spider Lily Dec 2011


Clutter adds stress I've noticed. Interestingly the definition of the word clutter is


"a confused or disordered state"...


and that's how my brain feels I guess when I look around and see "stuff" everywhere.

My collection of 'stuff" started 10 years ago and then went into overdrive when I was on a higher income and more settled.

As I had backpacked pretty much since my late teens, through my 20's and early 30's I was always too broke (spent all my money travelling) to acquire much crap and also having to carry all that crap on my back.

So when I met BF and moved into his house after selling my bus (converted into mobile home), I became more settled which freed up some money and I had more room to store all this crap.

But now all I want to do is get rid of as much as I can!!! I feel smothered and restricted!

In preparation to advertise my car for sale I emptied out all the rubbish - stuff in the boot I was meant to have donated, camping gear and while I was on a roll I unloaded some clutter from the house - and amazingly I feel a bit liberated already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment