Monday, December 26, 2011

The year that was...2011...

It Sucked!!!

2011 has earnt the "wooden spoon" year of my life....

But in the spirit of not sounding completely devoid of positivity, in reflection there were a lot of good moments too.

Travel wise I covered a bit of ground - a heck of a lot now that I think through month by month - a lot of it was for work and another lot was for personal reasons. Then there's the travel for ... well pretty much .... just because you can!! Wow - my year hasn't been that sucky I suppose....


February - Tiwi Islands for work -1 day at a time


The beach where the Dutch landed all those years ago


Tiwi Cemetery at Snake Bay or Milikapati (in language) and the Pukamani poles used for burial ceremony


March USA - 2 weeks - visiting a terminally ill friend in West Virginia - (update at years end - she is recovering from her fierce regime of chemo and getting stronger)


Sutton area - West Virginia - it snowed for me!!!!


Then the snow melted and spring had sprung...



...and I met up in New York with a Scottish friend I hadn't seen in years


New York City


I loved this - I am a "snow angel" fan myself - bench tag at Central Park


April - Bali - 10 days - new airline Air Asia to town so snapped up some cheap flights - met 9 other people over there (including children)

View from Lembogan Island - will need to check spelling


May - 10 days - 2 weeks - Western Australia - Dad passed away suddenly so an unexpected trip south

Local wharf area from my hometown in WA - getting away to clear the head - organising the funeral was a nightmare ( I plan to do a post on this in my support page coming up)


June - 3 days - Brisbane - work to do

View from hotel in Brisbane - Redcliffe area


Sunset down at our local beach - showing visitors our local beauty


July - 1 week - Gapuwiyak - remote community out from Nhulunbuy for work / 2 nights camping a few hours from town


Camping out from Grove Hill Hotel area - just to get out of town for a bit in the "dry" season


August - 2 and a half weeks - back to South - West of WA - personal stuff to do


Local beach in town


Sept / Oct - 5 days - Jerramungup to help friend cater for her daughters wedding and to also be the official photographer on the day - a highlight of the year!!


Up "the rock" - where the wedding was held on the farm


On the farm...



November and December will need their own post I think plus give me bit of time to think of 2012.... I have some ideas - more travel obviously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment