Monday, December 26, 2011

Money money money...

Okay - I have been avoiding this issue for a few days (especially after my car was towed)...I'm good at sticking my head in the sand where finances are concerned, leaving mail unopened for weeks and sometimes (just a couple of times) for a few months. Did I mention being responsible is not one of my strong points?!

However as part of simplifying my life I need to dissect my finances. Firstly I need to see where my money is going to then be able to streamline it. Basically I need to do a budget! For the income I do earn I need to sit it somewhere safe and earn as much interest as possible. And I would like to reduce my assets by about 80% and using any funds gained from the sale towards volunteering somewhere. And most importantly I need to be earning income from different sources so as to support me in a roof over my head, food in my belly and some travel funds for my wanderlust.

So I have just signed up for Adsense on this blog to see what that is all about and to report on it - I am finding blogging quite time consuming at the moment as I get everything set up. However I am enjoying it so much it doesn't feel like work at all. Writing seems like an interesting job (hence this blog - I'm practising)....

But... I need to get some money together to pay for those car repairs (which will then lead to income after I sell it).

So Ebay is going to be my tool to start selling off the smaller items - National Geographic collection, CD's, DVD's, Clothes and basic excess personal items. And on Thursdays our local newspaper has free listing for a flea market advert. The latter is seeming like the best option so far, as I need to raise some money quickly.

Volunteering is surprisingly expensive (I have been exploring the free options too) both locally and overseas. Although some organisations provide Fundraising information and training - like how to do a press report and raise awareness for the trip.

Photo - ponypics June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment