Friday, January 25, 2013

New Year - Cruise, Clutter and Coin!

Once again its been a while since I posted, and there have been some positive developments in the last four months.  Apart from it being a new year (and nearly through one whole month already!!), and apart from yesterday just stepping off a cruise ship after 11 days cruising New Caledonia, Fiji and Vanauatu AND apart from starting a new job in a few days - I was/am determined to commence 2013 with a positive attitude no matter what life throws at me.  Ooh - and I'm an Aunty for the first time - a REAL Aunty too!  Not just another title from my friends children.  So I have started off pretty well into 2013 I'm a thinking. 

Sure - there are some negatives too - being in debt after so long unemployed - more clutter in the house after receiving the inherited family heirlooms and furniture.  My clothes are wearing out due to really really trying not to buy anything until completely necessary and my car (which I had half heartedly tried to sell for 9 months and now need to travel to work) needs a bit of maintenance. But heck, I can live with all that!

So in the spirit of the new year I have decided to set some new years resolutions which I generally don't bother with - mainly because I know I am crap at following things through.  BUT this year in following with the positives happening already - I feel I should.  About a decade ago I stopped being a goal setter.  Although I was still achieving - more education, new skills etc, I haven't actually sat down and done a 5 year plan for ever!  Well - 10 years!!  Interestingly I have just realised that is how long I have been with my partner... Hmmm.... Note to self - must spend a while analysing that!!

Anyhoo - so to celebrate my new found wisdom and goal setting resolve I will set up a new label so I can track my basic goals. Interestingly enough - while packing up my childhood home I found notebooks full of goals I had set since my mid-20's and 95% of the goals had been achieved.  I also realised recently, I need to build myself a new "Things to do before I die List" (I don't like the name "Bucket List") as apart from travel to Costa Rice & Belize - I have achieved everything else.  Saw AC/DC and Kiss Live, travelled to Vietnam & Laos just to name a few. Maybe another label called for...

No comments:

Post a Comment